Parents and carers are welcomed, informed and involved in their child’s education. The three-way partnership between parents/carers, students and Academy is built on shared trust, confidence and understanding. We find working together like this is essential for each student’s success.
The home-school partnership is underpinned by good communication which includes:
- a parent induction session in July
- the parent handbook
- an academy newsletter each half term
- each student has a homework diary
- acknowledgment of awards and prizes
- regular contact with your child’s form tutor
- having direct access to subject teachers
- two progress reports and a full report each year
- an early transition meeting with your child’s tutor
- an annual meeting with each subject teacher
- incident sheets, which inform you of any problems
- using new technology to improve communication
We ask parents/carers to give support so the focus is on the positive. We have many rewards and prizes and our culture is one in which success is recognised and celebrated. If however, a student is not doing what is expected, we see it as our duty to remind them of our expectations. If the problem continues, sanctions such as detention will result.
Parents/carers will be informed and invited in for a discussion if things continue to not go well. We will work together with you and your child to draw up the necessary programme of support and monitoring for improvement. All we ask is that each student does their best. We will not tolerate a student who disrupts the Academy experience for others either within or beyond the classroom.