Should you wish your child to join Walthamstow Academy please note that all admissions are dealt with on our behalf by the London Borough of Waltham Forest Admissions Service.
This applies to students joining the school in September of year 7 and mid-year admissions for any year group.
Full details and advice on Academy admissions can be found on the London Borough of Waltham Forest Admissions Service website.
Alternatively you can write to them at:
Town Hall Complex
Telephone: 020 8496 3000
Our published admission number is 180, should we receive more than 180 applications in any one year then the following over subscription criteria will apply:
- Education Health Care Plan (EHCP)
- Children in public care
- Medical or social need. This is decided on a case by case basis
- The child of a member of staff employed at the school for two years or more at the time of application or a staff member recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable shortage
- Siblings already in the Academy
- Children in Year 6 at Walthamstow Primary Academy
- Distance from the Academy those closest to the Academy will be admitted first. As a guide, the distances at which 180 students were reached were within 0.687 miles in 2019, 0.738 miles from September 2020
Full details of our oversubscription criteria can be found within our admissions policy Here
Admissions to Walthamstow Academy Sixth Form
All students will need to apply directly to the Academy. Application forms can be found here. Applicants will be considered on an individual basis, and will be dependent on meeting the criteria for their chosen pathway.