At Walthamstow Academy we make a firm commitment to follow our Pupil Pledge to ensure that our students are exposed to a holistic educational experience during their time with us.
This is our Pupil Pledge:
I am a pupil at Walthamstow Academy. My academy will:
- Support its pupils’ spiritual, emotional, moral, cultural and physical development to bring out the best in everyone.
- Celebrate my academic, sporting or creative talents.
- Offer me an extensive range of sport, music, drama, art and other activities which will be publicised clearly.
- Provide me with a good learning experience, every lesson, every day.
- Give me the chance for my views about my school to be listened to.
- Help prepare me for life after I leave the school.
- I will have had the opportunity to play a musical instrument, sing in a choir, participate in a sporting festival/competition, or be involved in a dramatic production.
- I will have had the opportunity to listen to inspirational speakers
- I will have been taken to an artistic, cultural or sporting event
- I will have had the opportunity to help others through voluntary activities
- I will have had the opportunity to meet and work with pupils from other United Learning schools
During my time at school, I will have been given the opportunity to go on a residential trip.