Walthamstow Academy 16 to 19 Tuition Fund Statement
The Department of Education announced funding to support students whose learning was disrupted as a result of the COVID pandemic. This 16-19 Tuition Fund is available to all 16 to 19 providers such as Walthamstow Academy Sixth Form and is ring-fenced for 16 to 19 small group tuition only.
The funding can be used to support small group tuition for 16 to 19 students in English, maths, and other courses where learning has been disrupted. The guidance indicates that the supported students must be on a 16 to 19 study programme and who have not achieved grade 5 or above in GCSE maths and/or English by age 16. All will be on a 16 to 19 study programme.
The subjects covered in the tuition will not be limited to English and maths but will be identified according to need and existing programmes.
Walthamstow Academy Sixth Form commits to using the small group or individual tuition funding that it has been given to mitigate against the impact of the pandemic on our study programme students. Sessions will be above and beyond normal timetabled hours. Students will be prioritised for tuition based on the guidance released by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA).
The full guidance can be accessed here.
Support sessions will be prioritised for the following students:
- Those who have a grade 4 or below in GCSE Maths and/or English
- Those with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), particularly where they have experienced additional disruption to learning as a result of their specific needs and disabilities.
Tuition support offered will be based on individual needs, the identification of an individual starting point, clear learning goals, expectations and outcomes. This may include a mix of both Walthamstow Academy staff and external tutoring as appropriate
Walthamstow Academy Sixth Form is committed to ensuring the tuition fund is used in accordance with the Government’s guidance on the 16 to 19 tuition fund by:
- Producing this statement setting out how the fund will be used to support the most disadvantaged students
- Publishing this guidance on the Walthamstow Academy website
- Recording the use of the fund, including references to individual students who receive support, the needs of those students, the number of hours of tuition delivered and retain the evidence of the tuition provided
- Deliver the extra tuition and spend the allocated funds in the academic year 2022/23
- Notify the Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) of any underspend from the Fund for it to be reclaimed.