The Pupil Premium is additional funding received by the academy to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and accelerate their progress, enabling them to match their non-disadvantaged peers’ attainment. The academy receives funding for disadvantaged students who currently receive free school meals this academic year as well as those who have received free school meals in the last six years. The Pupil Premium fund also provides opportunities for children who have been looked after continuously for more than six months.
Additional funding is provided to schools in order to support students with their learning and provide free school meals for children of parents/ carers who receive any of the following benefits (information taken from the DfE website):
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers' Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Universal Credit
If you meet any of the above criteria, you can help make this additional funding available to the school to be able to support your child further by applying online at https://walthamforest.gov.uk/content/free-school-meals or calling 020 8496 8506/8505.
Please find on the link below the Walthamstow Academy Pupil Premium statement for the academic year 2019-20.