We are delighted to announce the launch of 'Nude Selfies: What Parents and Carers need to know'. This is a series of four short animated films for parents and carers offering advice on how to keep their children safe from the risks associated with sharing nude and nearly nude images.
The films aim to help parents and carers:
- Understand young people's motivations for sending nude selfies.
- Plan to respond positively and constructively to an incident where their child has shared a nude selfie.
- Gain confidence and skills in initiating preventative conversations.
- Identify risky behaviours or situations and know where to seek help.
- Know how to get help if a child is at risk after sharing an image.
The four films are:
- Film One: Understanding Why
- Film Two: Talking to your child
- Film Three: When should I be worried
- Film Four: How to get help
The films are based on a two-year qualitative investigation led by the University of Edinburgh in partnership with the University of Linköping (Sweden), Innocence in Danger (Germany) and the CEOP Command of the National Crime Agency.