The Pupil Premium is additional funding received by the academy to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and accelerate their progress, enabling them to match their non-disadvantaged peers’ attainment by addressing some of the barriers to learning they may face. These key barriers can include low attendance, low aspiration and access to academic enrichment opportunities.
The academy receives funding for disadvantaged students who currently receive free school meals this academic year, as well as those who have received free school meals in the last six years. The Pupil Premium fund also provides opportunities for children who have been looked after continuously for more than six months.
Additional funding is provided to schools to support students with their learning and provide free school meals for children of parents/ carers who receive any of the following benefits (information taken from the DfE website):
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers' Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Universal Credit
If you meet any of the above criteria, you can help make this additional funding available to the school to be able to support your child further by applying online at https://walthamforest.gov.uk/content/free-school-meals or calling 020 8496 8506/8505.
Please use the link below to see our pupil premium spending plan for 2021-23.