The overall progress made by students at the academy is well above the national average
Students at Walthamstow Academy made on average around half a grade more progress than they would have done in the average school (the average progress score across the country is 0), across their subjects.
- All ability ranges progress well at the Academy
- The progress made in English is amongst the highest in the country
- The progress made in Mathematics is significantly more than in an average school nationally.
- 27% of all exams were awarded 7/8/9 (equivalent to As and A*s in old GCSE grades)
- 10% of entries were grade 8 or 9 – the national average is 4%
- The Academy’s attainment 8 score was 52.98 – nearly a grade above the national average
- The percentage of pupils who’ve achieved grade 4 (equivalent to a C) or above in English and maths at the end of KS4 was 78%.
- The percentage of pupils entering for the English Baccalaureate was 45%, over twice the national average
- The 2017 percentage of students staying in education or employment after key stage 4 (destinations) was 95% and we expect the 2018 figure to be just as impressive when it is calculated in November.
Some students also sat GCSEs in our community languages: Arabic, Portuguese, Italian, Polish, Russian, Turkish, and Urdu GCSEs
*9-7 is the new A*-A, 9-4 is the new A*-C, all national figures quoted are from 2017 but will be updated as soon as 2018 figures are available.