Students at Walthamstow Academy made significantly more progress than average when their best 8 qualifications were taken into account using the Progress 8 system. Students achieved well across the range of academic and vocational qualifications
- All ability ranges progress well at the Academy
- The progress made in English is amongst the highest in the country and has been for three years consecutively
- The progress made in Mathematics is significantly more than in an average school nationally.
- 25% of all exams were awarded 7/8/9 (equivalent to As and A*s in old GCSE grades)
- 11% of entries were grade 8 or 9 – the national average is 4%
- The percentage of pupils who’ve achieved grade 4 (equivalent to a C) or above in English and maths at the end of KS4 was 73%.
- The percentage of pupils entering for the English Baccalaureate was 55%,well over twice the national average.
- The 2018 percentage of students staying in education or employment after key stage 4 (destinations) was 98% and we expect the 209 figure to be just as impressive when it is calculated in November. This is well above the national and local average.
Details of Walthamstow Academy’s GCSE performance compared to other schools and national averages can be found here
Some students also sat GCSEs in our community languages: Arabic, Portuguese, Italian, Polish, Russian, Turkish, and Urdu GCSEs
*9-7 is the new A*-A, 9-4 is the new A*-C, all national figures quoted are from 2017 but will be updated as soon as 2018 figures are available.